Monday, September 13, 2010

The Inaugural Post

The view out my window...

Here at Wabash Church, the view out of my window in the pastor's study has as its central focus a large wooden cross. I don't know when it was placed there, I don't know by whom, and I have no idea of when it was positioned any thought was given to it's proximity to the office window, but from where I look, it is central.

As I began to consider the whole concept of writing a blog each week, and I began thinking of a title, I recalled a title similar to this (The View Out My Window) but remembering that was not the prime motivator. Truly, my thinking went something like this: "When I look out the window of my office on the busy street, the parking lot which at times is teeming with folks, and even the cloudy skies and rain, the central focus needs to be the cross." It's what we are to be all about; Christ centered...completely.

That can be tough at times. We've got lots that competes for that central focus. As I mentioned in my sermon yesterday, we all too often settle for relegating Jesus to the "spoke" category as opposed to hub. The process of moving Jesus to the center is the practical side of sanctification.

With this inaugural post on this blog site, I invite you to join me in that challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment